Professionalism Verification Process.
The federal government doesn’t regulate tattooing, but each state has its own regulations and those rules can be wildly different. Because of this, we take extra precautions while verifying your professionalism and will only sell to tattoo artists working out of tattoo shops.
If you would like more information regarding your state’s regulations on tattooing please check out this link: https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/tattooing-and-body-piercing.aspx and keep in mind that tattooing is often regulated on a county by county basis, so the rules in your area may be different than what your state’s rules are.
We understand that this process can be frustrating and confusing, so here is a look into the steps we take to verify your professionalism.
Our initial steps include:
- We check to see if you are shipping directly to a VERIFIABLE tattoo shop. This is the quickest method. If it’s your first order and you are shipping to a tattoo shop, we will clear your order for processing.
- We check Google and social media listings to ensure the business is currently active and that you are employed there. If that information is readily available online, we clear your order for processing.
If we can not find that initial information, we proceed with the following steps:
- We contact the shop directly via email, social media messages, and phone calls to ensure you are employed there. It’s important to note that we are attempting to contact a business. Giving us personal contact information of the shop owner or other artists in the shop will not help clear your order and will only cause more confusion and delays during this process. We have no way of verifying what they are telling us is true.
- We ask for business and tattoo licenses as required by your local health departments via email. We require all customers purchasing tattoo equipment to be working out of a tattoo shop.
Other helpful information:
- If you are an apprentice trying to order, you MUST ship directly to the tattoo shop. If that is not an option, you must ship to your mentor using their information. We will verify that your mentor is working out of a shop and that it is ok for you to receive supplies at this time.
- If you are a traveling artist, please include contact information of the shop you are currently working out of. Include this information in your order notes during the checkout process, and we will contact them to confirm you will be working there.
- If you are working out of a private studio. In that case, we still require business licensing, a tattoo license, to ensure you are working out of a professional environment.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions about this process.
Our contact information is:
Phone:(413) 443 0618
We are available Monday through Friday 9:30am - 6:00pm EST and will be more than happy to walk you through precisely what information you need to order from us.
All account verification takes place after an order has been placed.