Amy Shandick talking about her journey to become a tattoo artist, a shop owner, an entrepreneur, and how to manage the chaos of managing a tattoo shop using her own "consult day" method and many of her exciting projects like the upcoming first Texas tattoo Museum.
A general rule and tips for saturating color and having a quality heal.
- Client care
- Color theory, saturation in design, and how they relate to technical application.
- slowing the tattoo machine down
- skincare regiment for your client before and after
- Dry wiping vs. wet wiping.
- ointment and glide choices
- 8-10 needle tapers and how to use them properly. Bug bin vs. standard (Marc can provide some technical info on this)
- movement, pace, and muscle memory
- curved mags
- basic client observation of skin type, tone, age, and daily lifestyle
- finishing sections at a time And methods of pre-planning beginning to end
Pay attention to paperwork on medications or conditions of blood thinning, and adjust your appointments to benefit the client.
Renee Little @reneelittletattoos
#needlejig #letstalktattoo #tattoovideo
00:00 - Why listen to Marc about Rotary Tattoo Machines?
01:09 - Lets Talk Tattoo! Benefits of Rotaries - Dangers of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Consistency. efficiency.
03:24 - Downsides to Rotary Tattoo Machines
03:55 - Needle Cartridges
04:55 - Tattooer Testimonial - Frank DeMao
07:00 - Tattooer Testimonial - Hector Cedillo
08:00 - Rotary Tattoo Machine Tour - direct drive, linear, cartridge dedicated, and pen
11:00 - Marc's conclusion
𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘚𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘊𝘰𝘪𝘭𝘴 𝘛𝘰 𝘙𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘳y tattoo machines?
In this video, Marc will be talking about how rotary tattoo machines work, how they help with carpal tunnel syndrome, how easy it is to set up rotary tattoo machines, and then chat with some seasoned tattoo artists about their opinion on the pros and cons of tattooing with coils or rotary tattoo machines. Then Travis takes you on a comprehensive showcase of the rotary tattoo machines Needlejig has for sale (to professionals only) with weights, cam and stroke options, and even some voltage specs. Pretty much everything you wanted to know about rotaries, without tattoo machine reviews, hah.
Tattoo Machine Topics covered:
►The different types of rotary tattoo machines - direct drive, linear, cartridge dedicated, and pen.
►The ease of a rotary tattoo machine setup with cartridges.
►Is a rotary tattoo machine good for beginners?